Thursday, August 14, 2008

Testing...

So, I'm testing out this blog business... I have about a week before I leave and already I'm incredibly nervous but also SO excited! I'm nervous because, wow, I haven't really spoken Spanish in three months, all I know of my host family is their name and address, and (oh man) have not even started to pack yet. But as an experienced procrastinator, I'm sure everything will work out. :)

Ok, for those of you who don't really know what I'm doing or why I'm going to Mexico. Well, basically and obviously, I wanted to study abroad for a whole semester in order to become somewhat closer to being fluent in Spanish. While at first I was all planned and ready to travel to Spain, I spoke to my professor and director and had a change of heart. So, I'm going to Oaxaca, Mexico for four months! I leave the 23rd of August and will be starting an intensive grammar class that following Monday. (I'm also taking two hrs of salsa dancing every day!) Then, about three weeks later, I will start two other classes: a literature class and (I think) a sociology class of some sort. And for the final month I'm there, I'm hoping to be working at an internship. I applied but won't know if I got it until I'm there.

Overall, I will be finishing up my Spanish minor as well as experiencing the culture of Mexico; traveling to Mexico City, Chiapas, and other places; and learning about the economy and so much more. But what I'm excited about most are the friendships I will be making. One thing that makes me happiest in life is meeting different hearts and different faces.

Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Coach Kreier said...

Michele I am so thrilled that you are following your heart! Enjoy this time and soak up the wonderful culture and people. I love your blog. Safe travels....Coach Kreier

Anonymous said...

So...blogging...not really sure how this works. Do I get notifications when there are new posts from you? Well in any case I look forward to sharing some of your sure-to-be incredible experiences via the world wide web! Yay!

Glenn